There are a million things to think about when you begin planning a wedding. There are the big things like booking the reception site, the church, the DJ, and, of course, finding the dress. But once those are out of the way, there are little details to think about, such as a theme, the flowers, the centerpieces, linens, invitations, champagne glasses and countless other things.
With all the elements that go into planning a dream wedding, it doesn’t take long to realize that details can add up -- not only when it comes to spending, but also when it comes to storage space. After all, who wants to end up with 250 pink linen napkins once the big day has passed?
Renting materials for your wedding is one way to solve this problem. Not only is renting often a more economical solution, it also eliminates the storage issue.
“Renting will not only cut down on storage, but you can lower the cost of your wedding too,” says Becky Baumgartner, owner of Aero Rental and Party Shoppe, in Iowa City, Ia. “People often come in to look for materials to buy for their wedding, and I’ll say to them ‘How important is this to you, because you could rent this for a lot cheaper.’ ”
Renting materials for your wedding also gives you access to the latest styles in decor, table settings, linens, chair covers and other things. According to Baumgartner, people often don’t really realize the vast variety of items you can rent for weddings.
In her many years helping couples plan weddings, Baumgartner has learned plenty of lessons. Here are some of her most helpful tips to keep in mind when renting materials for your wedding:
* It’s a lot cheaper to rent the equipment than to buy it. Chances are you will never use half the things at your wedding again so why would you waste storage space and money?
* You can rent anything you need for your wedding, from a backdrop to hide the wall color at the hall to sailcloth tents. Check with your local rental store.
* Rental store employees can help you think of things you might have forgotten. Let them help you in the planning process to make sure that you have everything you need for your big day.
* Unlike halls and churches that need to be booked at least a year in advance, generally you only need to reserve the rental equipment six to seven months in advance.
* Some rental stores allow you to pick up the rental materials on Thursday evening and drop them off on Monday morning for no additional charge. That way, you don’t have to worry about pick-up and drop off on your wedding day.
* A rental store will provide you with more options, in terms of color and design, than a reception hall will.
When it comes to planning your wedding, don’t let the cost wipe out your entire savings account -- rent your wedding materials. For more information stop in to our showroom in Fairhope or call us at 251-517-7322